To Elder Keith Hibbard and every other missionary who has been called to the New Zealand Auckland Mission! We are ready and excited to receive you! Here are a few things we ask of you in the 4 months before you come:
1) Read the Book of Mormon –yes, 4 months is plenty of time!
2) Pray about it and get a burning testimony of it!
3) Study Preach My Gospel- going through all the scripture references!
4) Re-memorize your scripture mastery scriptures!
5) Go out with the full-time missionaries in your area as many times as you can!
6) Work hard and save money, if not for your mission, then for your return!
Then, thank your family for raising a great young man, kiss your girlfriend goodbye (that means a peck, Elder) and say goodbye to your fears!
When you get here---be prepared to work harder than you have ever worked before; be prepared to exercise your faith as a principle of action and power; be ready to be exactly obedient to the mission rules and your leaders; and be prepared to follow the Spirit always!
Be prepared to be amazed-----at what God can do with a teenage boy----the result----MIRACLES!!!
We love you, even before you have arrived---we love you for your willingness to serve, we love you for your worthiness to serve and we know we will have a wonderful experience together!
Aroha nui, President and Sister Porter