Thursday, October 9, 2008

Their mothers knew it!

An incoming missionary who was asked "what are some of your hopes for your mission," replied, "I would like to be the kind of missionary that my Mom think I am!" I had to smile and thought of Alma 56:47-48 where the stripling warriors "had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, said: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." Those amazing mothers are still here among us! Thank you for what you have done to prepare these Latter-day warriors to serve the Lord with all their heart, mind and strength---you are the true heros!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

The Striplings Warriors is one of my favorite stories from the Book of Mormon. You always hope you have done your best in preparing your children to love the Lord and this gospel,to be great leaders and examples and to not be afraid to stand up for what they know is right. I really appreciate the love and concern you have for these missionaries because you are also their "MOM" in helping them to be great warriors. Thank you so much for your time and effort in posting this blog. I look forward to it.
Elder Westphal's Mom