Friday, February 20, 2009

Marveling at His miracles!

I count it a blessing that I am witness to so many miracles of God while here serving Him. One that is repeated over and over again is when He helps one of His missionaries “blossom like a rose.” Within the last couple months 2 of our sister missionaries have stood out in this area to me. Both could not even look you in the eye comfortably, let alone carry on a conversation with you. At our testimony meeting the first day of the mission, they could barely stand and speak audibly. As I was out among them this week, I was between a delighted smile and shedding a tear as I watched one now as a senior companion conversing with priesthood leaders and investigators alike with boldness and confidence. Another looks everyone in the eye and greets them with a beautiful welcoming smile and warm handshake, and this is after just months of being in the field. I marvel at God’s handiwork, we being the most glorious of it all!
This is why you send out your child and he returns to you a man! When, through the power of the atonement, the Lord makes our weak things strong, isn’t that a miracle?

1 comment:

snow said...

I think we often think of the "change" for good that missionaries bring into the lives of their investigators, but not as much about the tremendous changes wrought in the lives of the missionaries themselves--and ours (speaking from a parent's perspective). Blessings from missionary work are so far reaching I doubt we ever know the full extent of them--how wonderful:)

Snow Jones